Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Outside Sales Representative II
Type Regular Full-Time
Posted Date 4/29/2013
Job ID 2247
More information about this job:
BlueLinx Corporation remains the leading domestic wholesaler of building products, serving independent dealers, industrial customers and large home improvement centers from over 60 locations in theUnited Statesand one location inCanada. BlueLinx creates value for our customers and vendors across the supply chain by providing an outlet for a significant portion of the building products and an ever-growing selection of distribution services that utilize our vast transportation assets and facilities, and a wide selection of third-party products. For additional information, please visit us on the web @www.BlueLinxCo.com.
Position Purpose Summary:
Territory is Louisville, KY. Serves as a mid-level outside sales representative for new and existing accounts. Facilitates all aspects of the sales process to include identifying new opportunities; developing sales solutions; closing sales opportunities; negotiating pricing; providing outstanding customer service and follow-up. Partners with inside sales to ensure sales efforts are maximized and opportunities uncovered.
* Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
* Responsible for the Indianapolis Territory.
* Identifies new sales opportunities with new and existing customers. Sales efforts typically focus on selling program business.
* Maximizes sales efforts by focusing sales time on largest most profitable opportunities (may include segmenting account list).
* Improves profitability, product penetration and product mix with all customers.
* Qualifies sales opportunities through market / customer research and teaming with inside sales representatives.
* Develops sales solutions and competitive pricing strategies. Communicates value proposition to customers. Proposes sales solutions to customers and reevaluate solutions where necessary.
* Close sales opportunities by gaining purchase order and executing all order fulfillment procedures.
Provides outstanding customer service and post sales satisfaction facilitating long term relationships for repeat business with customers.
Market, product and customer knowledge; consultative selling skills. Strong planning, organization, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills. Knowledge of the organization’s policies. A solid level of knowledge is needed in account management, scheduling, customer support and service, product knowledge, product pricing, sales support, warehousing, distribution, transportation and records. Must be an aggressive self motivated individual. Possesses basic telephone skills with the ability to identify key issues, evaluate facts and recommend appropriate action. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant sales systems technology.
Years of experience: 2-5 years experience with BS / BA or equivalent industry experience; 2-4 years experience with MS / MA / MBA.
Apply for this job:
* Apply for this jobonline
* Email this job to a friend