Title: Applications Architect
Role: Technology Applications Architect
Are you a fit?
Are you a technologically savvy analytical thinker? Would you enjoy using your technical skills to assess business needs and help build the architectural blueprints for the next generation of business applications?
As a Technology Applications Architect you will: develop a comprehensive understanding of Humana’s organizational structure and business needs, translating those demands into system architecture and design specifications. You will examine existing technology, interface with internal customers and external vendors, and continually develop technical improvements.
- Partner with Humana’s internal architecture team to develop an understanding of current implementations of web application standards, map existing applications to data sources, and identify problematic data issues
- Map requirements of partner architecture, define technical solutions based on those requirements, and create and document a migration path for existing applications as they transition to a reference architecture implementation
- Translate system requirements into technical architectures and designs
- Assist in the creation of functional use-cases, participating in JAD sessions with business and IT stakeholders, developing supporting artifacts and constructing abstraction models
- Create design models for web and data services and presentation componentsKey Competencies
- Acts Strategically: You foster a consistent understanding of strategy, translate it into defined plans, and "stay the course" to implement it, while anticipating and identifying where change is needed.
- Leadership: You inspire extraordinary results by: engaging associates, valuing diversity and shaping culture to support a high performance environment.
- Communication: You actively listen to others to understand their perspective and ensure continuous understanding regardless of communication channel or audience.
- Innovate: You introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.Role Essentials
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Progressive experience as a senior developer in large IT projects
- Prior project architect and/or team lead experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of .NET specifications, framework and design patterns, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET and .NET Remoting
- Experience using COM, DCOM, VB, C/C , Visual InterDEV, VSS and various Microsoft applications to develop n-tier web applications
- Knowledge of relational databases, legacy systems integration, mainframes and design patterns
- Practical experience with XML-based technologies and web services including SOAP, UDDI and MSXMLRole Desirables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence toolsReporting Relationships
You will report to a Technology Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operating Officer.