Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Business Area Corporate
Country United States
Req Type Exempt
About Brown-Forman COMPANY:
Brown-Forman, founded in 1870, is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands. Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Brown-Forman currently employs about 4,000 people and has offices or facilities in 30 cities across the globe. Starting in the mid-1950s, the company began a series of acquisitions that would place it among the top 10 largest spirits companies in the world, selling its brands in more than 135 countries across the globe. These include many of the most well-known and best-loved wines and spirits brands, including Jack Daniel’s, Southern Comfort, Finlandia Vodka, Old Forester, Woodford Reserve, Herradura and el Jimador Tequilas, and Korbel champagnes. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Description REPORTING
RELATIONSHIPS: The Corporate Controller, reports to the Chief Accounting Officer and is a member of the senior management team
POSITION SUMMARY The Corporate Controller will be responsible for the accounting, reporting, and analysis activities of Brown-Forman, as well as participating in planning and significant business development activities of the company. Ensures the accuracy and integrity of Brown-Forman’s financial records; including those used for managerial, tax, shareholder and regulatory filings.
Provides financial support, analysis and advice to the Chief Accounting Officer and other executive management, directs the filings of external reporting, responsible for all accounting policy and procedures, the development and maintenance of Sarbanes Oxley compliance surrounding financial reporting for the company and leads the development of projects contributing to significant growth for the company.
The Corporate Controller will oversee an organization of professionals, and
must have strong leadership characteristics and be effective in a fast-
paced, hands-on, dynamic environment.
• Be responsible for ensuring that Brown-Forman’s financial records are maintained in accordance with GAAP and relevant SEC/tax regulations.
Responsible for all filings to Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulatory agencies, preparation of annual and quarterly reports to shareholders, and providing information for communication to the investment community. Coordinates work of outside auditors.
• Development. Analyzes and evaluates new investments and business opportunities as required, working with senior operating management and personnel from other disciplines to create growth for Brown-Forman. A spirit of teamwork and whatever it takes to get the job done” attitude is essential.
• Policies and Procedures. Develop and maintain financial accounting procedures for Brown-Forman Corporation that are aligned with and support operating decision making and assisting the regions, brands, and functional areas in resolving accounting questions and issues.
• Sarbanes Oxley. Ensures all financial controls are properly documented and procedures are in place to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley 404.
• Provides functional leadership and direction to the Controllers of the regions and accounting personnel in field offices throughout the world.
• Manages multiple projects under tight time constraints.
• Coordinates the external audit.
• Proactively trains, develops, and supervises a diverse financial team of the company.
The successful Controller will:
• Demonstrate ability to add strategic value to the company as well as become accepted as a credible finance executive who brings valuable insights and recommendations.
• Earn the respect of members of the senior management team by contributing to their understanding of the risks and opportunities for the business.
• Be proactive in looking at changes in accounting/financial changes in policy and procedures that will increase value for the shareholders.
• Show ability to make good things happen.
jd2">jd2 jd2">PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
& ABILITIES REQUIRED
Fully qualified candidates will possess many if not all of the following:
• At least fifteen years of financial business experience, including recent financial reporting and consolidation expertise in a publicly held company with international businesses.
• Strong technical accounting skills are a fundamental requirement with proven ability to apply accounting rules in the context of, and in support of, business decision-making.
• Integrity above question.
• Proactive. The Controller will be a strong right hand to the Chief Accounting Officer, but must be able to work autonomously.
• Strong organizational skills – leadership, management, process.
• A change agent.
• Superior oral and written communication skills accompanied by good listening skills. Good negotiating skills.
• Detail-oriented with good strategic thinking ability.
• Proven ability to direct and coordinate the work of team members, under intense time pressures. Completes high quality work within established timeframe.
• Ability to think conceptually, flexibly and strategically. Demonstrated ability to make decisions independently, based on logical assumptions and factual information.
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills. Organized with an ability to set priorities for multiple projects.
• Experience with SAP R/3 systems.
REQUIREMENTS An undergraduate degree and a CPA certification are required; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is highly desirable.