Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Technology Specialist
Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville-NPAS - Louisville
Other Locations: null
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Perform routine operational functions to support the Intelec application, client interfaces, and other NPAS business applications. Perform basic problem identification and resolution.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Perform file transfers between Intelec and external applications and initiate processing of files.
· Monitor client interface job completion and perform basic troubleshooting for job failures. Contact clients and vendors as necessary to check status of files.
· Execute balancing processes for Intelec and client interfaces. Identify issues, perform basic remediation, and escalate as necessary.
· Monitor and track system controls for various applications and perform basic problem identification/remediation
· Create and modify basic adhoc reports using standard reporting tools for the platforms supported
· Assist in maintenance of NPAS Sharepoint applications and other websites using content management tools
· Document routine processes and procedures
· Assist in maintenance of application master files
· Execute test plans for application changes and document results
· Assist Application Support staff on special projects as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Intermediate knowledge of PCs and Windows environment
· Effective problem solving skills in a technical environment
· Basic knowledge of standard query language (SQL)
· Effective organizational and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail
· Ability to verbally communicate clearly and effectively.
· Effective written communication skills
· Customer service attitude with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Knowledge of Intelec collection application
· Knowledge of AS400 operating system and tools including CL, DFU, QUERY,
EDUCATION - Successful completion of high school or GED required. An Associate Degree in IT&S or related course work desirable.