CSL Plasma Tech Reception in Louisville, Kentucky
Responsible for greeting donors at the plasma collection center and conducting a series of registration procedures to qualify donors for the plasma pheresis process.
1 In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), assists qualified donors in completing the screening process. The screening procedures includes but are not limited to: assessing the self-administered health history, answering basic medical questions associated with the donation process, referring donors to medical staff when appropriate and performing health screening procedures such as blood pressure, pulse, weight, temperature. Performs finger stick to obtain sample to obtain donor’s hematocrit and total protein levels.
2 Educates new donors on the use of therapeutic products made from donated plasma. Explains the screening process, the health screening tests performed, the appointment system, donation fees, center policies, proper nutrition and any other information pertinent to the donor. Ensures that all donor questions are answered timely, accurately and professionally.
3 May be involved in registering applicant and transfer donors based upon completion of appropriate training and operational needs of the center.
4 May answer the telephone and assists in providing appropriate information to the caller.
5 Maintains alertness and awareness to any reaction by donor may have during or after the pheresis process and notifies appropriate staff.
6 Conducts daily calibration of equipment and resolves calibration out-of-specification issues according to the SOPs.
7 Troubleshoots equipment failures. Creates incident documentation, removes and/or replaces equipment from service.
8 May provide guidance and technical training about processes and procedures to Reception Technicians and other staff as required.
9 Alerts Group Leader or Supervisor of donor flow issues.
10 Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
11 Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
12 Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions. May conduct routine audits of these internal procedures and documentation.
13 Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
14 May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
15 Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
16 Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum of 18 months experience in a clerical or customer service related position, preferably in medical or health provider environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be able to perform basic math calculations
(physical & mental requirements)
• Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions
• Understands, remembers and communicates routine, factual information
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
Worker Sub Type: