Danaher Corporation Senior Technician Manufacturing in Nicholasville, Kentucky
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
The candidate will be expected to learn and demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of the manufacturing processes used at this facility to produce medical components from sapphire, ruby, and fused silicon. The work pieces are very small in nature, delicate, and require high precision to perform properly. The processes involve operation of specialized machine tools, microscopes, and precision measuring equipment to fabricate and inspect the components. The candidate will be expected to learn and demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of the day-to-day operation and administration of the facility. Responsible for assisting with administrative tasks, troubleshooting and maintenance, and provide the technical oversight and assistance needed by the employees.
• Ability to learn and repeatedly follow complicated process instructions requiring intensive and prolonged attention to detail and provide oversight to enable others to do the same.
• Ability to recognize trends in process steps that indicate unacceptable drift in component quality and make corrections that facilitate recovery.
• Excellent memory and recall.
• Ability to perform efficiently with minimal oversight once training is complete. A self-starter.
• Takes personal responsibility for the quality of his/her own work.
• Seeks feedback and advice from others to improve skills and address opportunities.
• Builds solid working relationships that enhance collaboration and cooperation with others.
• Expands depth and breadth of knowledge and expertise in material sciences, machine tools, manual machining techniques, computer assisted machining techniques, and tooling fabrication.
• Exhibits leadership qualities that inspire and empower others to excel.
• Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Prior experience in a machine shop background
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-KY-Nicholasville
Req ID: BEC009615